My supervisor, Dr. Millie Cordaro, and I are hosting a workshop next Friday, May 24th. This workshop was inspired by our experience within the Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) profession. Our aim is to provide other future counselors with the information they need to know to navigate the process of successfully attaining licensure, while keeping their own mental health intact.
This 3-hour workshop will prepare you for the NCE, licensure as an LPC, and receiving supervision as an LPC Intern by presenting you with must-know information, providing experiential and exploratory activities, giving you helpful handouts to take home, and hearing others’ personal experience about their journey to licensure. Light refreshments will also be provided.
Workshop: Preparing for the NCE, Licensure, & Supervision
Friday, May 24th, 2013, 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Austin Child Guidance Center, 810 W 45th St, Austin, TX 78751
by Dr. Millie Cordaro, LPC-S & Chelsea Fielder-Jenks, M.A., LPC Intern
Register online at http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5471503414/estw
Following the workshop, participants will:
- Know the eligibility criteria, application process, and what to expect for the NCE
- Be given helpful resources and tips for taking the NCE, along with study material recommendations
- Learn the step-by-step process of getting provisional licensure as an LPC Intern in Texas
- Learn must-know information about finding an LPC supervisor: everything from questions to ask during an interview, to different approaches to supervision, to options for supervision formats
- Explore supervision styles that match their wants
- Learn about different career paths and settings for accruing hours for licensure
- Explore what they want out of their LPC internship
- Learn how to track supervised hours
- Learn tips to cope with test-anxiety and prevent burn-out
- Leave feeling more confident and ready to take on the NCE and begin the process for getting licensed
Limited space available, don't wait - register now!
This workshop is a collaboration between Dr. Millie Cordaro, an LPC Supervisor, and Chelsea Fielder-Jenks, an LPC Intern. This workshop was inspired by their experience within the Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) profession. Their aim is to provide other future counselors with the information they need to know to navigate the process of successfully attaining licensure, while keeping their own mental health intact.
About Dr. Millie Cordaro, LPC-S and Chelsea Fielder-Jenks, M.A., LPC-Intern:
Dr. Millie Cordaro is a state board approved LPC-Intern Supervisor who maintains a private practice in downtown Austin, TX. In addition, Dr. Cordaro teaches in the Psychology Department at Texas State University. To learn more about Dr. Cordaro, please visit GoodLifePsychotherapy.com.
Chelsea Fielder-Jenks is a Licensed Professional Counselor Intern in Austin, Texas who works with adults and adolescents in both group and individual settings under the supervision of Dr. Millie Cordaro. To learn more about Chelsea, please visit CFJCounseling.com.
Hope to see you there!